02) Speaking of blockbuster movie trailers… NEW JURASSIC WORLD TRAILER.
03) Apparently Perth is getting ALDI stores soon. I’ve been told this is a wonderful thing. So tell me, what’s so good about ALDI?
04) It arrived! And I am in love with it already.
06) I was really disappointed to see that Neil Degrasse-Tyson isn’t having a show in Perth, because I think we definitely would have scrimped our pennies together to see him talk! Everyone else should check this out.
07) This video is absolutely adorable.
08) This video is absolutely AMAZING.
09) This wins the award for cutest news story of the week.
10) To be honest, I haven’t seen much of Amy Schumer’s work, but this video with Tina Fey, Julia Louis Dryfuss, and Patricia Arquette is pretty funny (warning: not for the faint hearted).
01: What the bleep to we know? This has a bit of a strange story behind. I was at a crossroads in my life, and a friend of mine kept raving about this ‘documentary’ and how it had changed his life. At this point in time it was not readily available to watch online, so I just tucked it away in the back of my mind for future reference. Soon after that I was browsing the TV guide and saw that it was showing that day in the afternoon. Which was too much of a coincidence for me to ignore, so I sat down to watch it. It may sound strange, but it was pretty much exactly what I needed to see that that point in time. I felt a bit lost, and the idea that I could help create my own future just by being positive and setting my intentions for the day was quite intriguing to me. So I tried it, and it worked for me.
02: This is Water by David Foster Wallace. My best friend let me borrow her copy of this essay/speech, and I’m so glad that she did. The underlying message of this story is something that we should all take on board. I try to re-read (or listen to) this every few months, because it helps shift my perception back to where it should be.
03: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray. I know, right? I didn’t read the whole book, but what I did made so much sense to me. If you’ve ever come across road blocks in your relationship in the area of communication – try reading the communication sections of this book. It helped me so much. It’s amazing for me to look at how I’ve been trying to communicate with my partner as I would like to be communicated with, but he needs something different. I’ve changed the way I communicate with Sebastian after reading this, and it all feels so much easier now.
If you have any little things that have changed your life that you’d like to share, I’d love to hear them!
Kerastase Nectar Thermique: I recently discovered a nearly-finished tube of this in the bottom of my bathroom cupboard, and remembered just how much I LOVE it. I’ve been using it every day since then, and needed to purchase a back up for when I ran out. This is a staple in my hair care routine.
Skindinavia ‘The Makeup Finishing Spray': Another staple in my beauty cupboard. I use this every day to set my makeup, and when I can feel the bottle running out, I immediately repurchase it.
Lancome Hypnose Mascara in Noir Hypnotic: By far my favourite mascara, and one that I’ve learned that I can’t live without. Apologies to all the other mascaras in my collection, but hypnose is number one. You can read my review of this wonder product (from back in 2011!) here.
As with every Adore Beauty order over $30, mine came with some free samples. I got the Alpha H Liquid Laser, the Alpha H Liquid Gold (which I’ve been dying to try out for years as I know so many beauty lovers who swear by it), and a $35 Hello Fresh gift card (which unfortunately I can’t use, as they don’t deliver to Perth). Oh, and a Tim Tam but that was snatched up pretty quickly by someone other than myself.
02) I know what you ALL needed this week is a bit of Channing Tatum twerking. Right?
03) If you cook one thing this week, make it pan roasted brussel sprouts with bacon. Yum.
04) It was international sibling day (or some such thing) during the week. To celebrate, here is a picture of me with my sister, circa 1980-something.
06) I think it’s pretty clear that the battle between John Krasinski and Anna Kendrick will prove to be be the best of all lip sync battles yet.
07) The True Detective season 2 teaser is out!
08) This GoPro spacewalk footage is amazing.
09) These two pranks are amazing. In the haunted house one, I feel like my reaction would be close to the guy standing near the curtains grabbing his head in disbelief, although I do love the guy who kicked the chair as it moved towards him.
10) I’m in the market for a blog planner, and I’d love to hear any suggestions you have for me!