LUSH Big Shampoo – I tend to make more of an effort to style my hair in the cooler months of the year (mostly because it’s not as much of a living hell to use heat styling tools on my hair as it is in summer), which means I use more products. I use LUSH’s Big Shampoo once a week to help strip all the excess product from my roots. I’ve repurchased ‘Big’ three or four times now, and it’s firmly cemented it’s place as my all-time favourite clarifying shampoo.
Unico Protein Treatment – I let it go far too long between hair cuts recently, and my hair was in dire need of some hard-core conditioning. I use this once a week as a deep conditioning treatment, and also on the ends of my hair every couple of days to help keep my split ends in check. I really like this treatment because it gives a heavy-duty moisture boost without weighing down my hair.
Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray – Lets face it people. Nobody likes getting out of bed in the morning. Let alone when it’s 2 degrees and pitch black outside. The fastest way for me to ‘style’ my hair is to straighten it, which I’ve been doing a lot lately. I use this bad boy before blow drying my hair on days that I know I’m going to be straightening it afterwards.
Kerastase Nectar Thermique – This is one of my all-time favourite hair products, a ‘holy grail’ if you will. I use this every day before blow drying my hair (except for times like right now, where I’m running out and I’m too scared to finish up the tube without having a back up in my cupboard). This does such a great job of smoothing down the frizziness of my hair. I couldn’t live without it.
02) The MiniBarCo sale is still running (and will be until July 31st), so head on over and shop using code EOFY14 to receive 30% off.
03) Tanda have released a new candle scent that sounds right up my alley – Oak Moss & Amber.
04) This week I rediscovered my love for The Balm’s Mary-Lou Manizer. It’s a beautiful shimmery highlighter and I think it works well all year round, but I’m loving wearing it now that it’s winter and I need a bit (read: a LOT) of glow added to my skin.
06) I really want a Chow Chow.
07) Liv Tyler’s interview and photoshoot in Violet Grey magazine is simply beautiful.
09) Speaking of JK Rowling, she sneakily released a Harry Potter short story during the week. Did you read it?
10) Would you go on the world’s tallest waterslide?
Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge (6/10) – This was an audiobook that I downloaded from Audible a little while ago to listen to during slow periods at work or when I’m on the train and I can’t focus enough to actually read a book. I didn’t like the narrator very much, but the story itself was good enough that I was able to get past it. The book was about a serial killer who locks two people up together, and one of them has to kill the other in order to be released and stay alive. Verrrry interesting.
The Vanishing by Wendy Webb (6/10) – I love the cover of this book, I think it’s so beautiful. If you like the idea of reading about a haunted old mansion set in the dead of winter in the middle of the woods, with a protagonist who spends her days reading books in an old library and drinking tea – this could be a book for you. It was an easy read, and I got through the bulk of it over the course of one weekend.
Under Your Skin by Sabine Durrant (5/10) – I picked this book up after seeing it on a friend’s ‘to read’ list on Goodreads. I’ve read more ‘murder mystery’ books this year than I have in my 29 years of life, and I’m surprised at how much I like them. I won’t go into too much detail about this one, because there is a bit of a twist at the end that caught me off guard. This was another easy read, and I managed to churn through it in a couple of days.
- Clean out my makeup collection
Get my licence photo taken and renew my drivers’ licence
- Finish planning our short holiday in July/organize my boyfriend’s birthday present
- Add a few more potted plants to our garden
Start the process to have any issues with the house fixed under the 6 month warranty
- Pick paint colours for the interior of the house
Getting sick really takes a toll on your motivation, doesn’t it? I came down with a bad head cold during June which sapped a lot of my energy. I’m blaming this for the fact that my ‘goal results’ for the month aren’t as good as they could have been. Hopefully July will be a little bit better, and I can achieve a few more of my goals.
- Finish planning our short holiday in July/organize Sebastian’s birthday present
- Organize three birthday dinners for Sebastian’s birthday
- Do my tax return
- Sort out my personal health insurance coverage
- Have my car serviced (and get the brakes replaced)
- Clean out my makeup collection
How is everyone else going with their monthly goals? Is there something you’ve been putting off doing for ages, that you managed to accomplish once you added it to your list of goals for the month? I’d love to how this format is working for you, it’s certainly motivating me to work on things that otherwise might fall by the wayside.
02) If you thought the goat version of the Game of Thrones theme song was good, you should check out the Jurassic Park one.
03) My boyfriend is back in town, which means we’re back into watching LOST practically every night. We’re up to the final season… I wonder if he’ll like the ending?
04) I picked this up at Priceline last week, and it’s a really nice little body lotion. The beautiful packaging is what drew me in, but the product itself is just as lovely.
06) I went to see Edge of Tomorrow last weekend, and the preview for ‘Into the Storm‘ was shown before the film. I am SO excited for this. Twister is one of my all time favourites, and it’s been way too long between tornado disaster movies.
07) I’ve been thinking about adding a few new items to my work wardrobe (I currently HATE every single piece of clothing I own – yep, I’m in that delightful phase of life), and these two dresses from Jacqui E are looking pretty good right now.
09) My favourite lip product brand Fresh have released their sugar shine lip treatment in tinted shades, and I can’t wait to get my grubby little mitts on these.
10) I’m nearly out of Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille perfume. I think I might have to break my no-buy for that, considering that I’ve already broken it to repurchase my Skindanavia makeup setting spray. And the TANDA candles. Hmm.