The Death of Bees by Lisa O’Donnell 5/10 – I had high hopes for this book, and enjoyed how it started out but wasn’t that impressed with where it ended up. Another fairly easy read although I slowed down a little bit towards the end because I just wasn’t that interested in picking it up.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 8/10 – I read this because I wanted to have it fresh in my mind before seeing the film when it came out this year. I love this story, and it’s nice and short so it was easy to devour in a few sittings. I found that while I was reading it I was imagining the characters as the actors playing them in the new film, which was interesting.
Red Dragon by Thomas Harris 7/10 – I’m in love with the new Hannibal TV series that started up recently, and I’m now inspired to read the books that the show is based on. I started at the beginning of the series with Red Dragon. I enjoyed this, it was another easy read and I devoured it (lol) pretty quickly.
02) Thanks to Clare for suggesting this song to me in the comments of a previous TOTW post. I’ve been listening to it non-stop all week. DARREN CRISS Y’ALL.
03) I cut all of my hair off.
05) I managed to snag front row tickets to a little thing called the Red Tour.
06) I really need to start cutting back on the amount of coffee that I drink. I have two cups of coffee a day, but the coffee I order has 3 shots in it, so…
08) STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS
09) I was lucky enough to receive a Clarisonic Mia for review earlier this week and I am obsessed with it. It takes a while to get used to but as someone who is obsessed with exfoliation, this is pretty much skin care perfection.
02) Dove Go Fresh Deodorant in Nectarine & White Ginger – It might seem a bit strange to include a deodorant in my favourites, but I am in love with this product. The smell is amazing, it works well with my sensitive skin, and it works well for me as an antiperspirant.
03) Origins Zero Oil Moisturizer – Another product that I got around to reviewing within the month. This is a great day time moisturizer for people who don’t require a lot of additional moisture for their skin.
04) Firebird Brown Sugar Perfume – This was my go-to perfume for the month, and I wrote a full review of it last week. A gorgeous, rich, wintery scent.
05) Origins Checks & Balances Face Wash – I started out using this cleanser in the evenings but found that it didn’t do a great job of keeping breakouts in check, so I now use it as a morning cleanser and it’s lovely and gentle and a nice way to start the day.
- how nice of Sammy to clean the aftermath of my rage at this news from the wall -
03) I ordered another evil eye necklace from Vassari Boutique because my original one was getting a bit grubby looking (due to me wearing it nearly every day). I think I love this design just as much as the first, although the obvious eye tends to creep people out.
04) My JewelIQ goodies arrived, and everything is gorgeous and great quality for the price point. Each of the things I ordered came packaged in their own little felt bag and I was sent a complimentary pair of earrings. Bonus.
05) I started my Psychology course during the week and I’m really excited about it. I think this might be the first time in my life that I’ve studied something that I’m really interested in (except for literature). I think I’ll work this into a Life In Balance challenge somehow, so stay tuned for that.
06) My Rag & Bone boots arrived and they are perfection.