LUSH ‘Honey I Washed The Kids’ Shower Gel – It took me forever to get through this, and I’m not really sure why because I really liked it. It had a very natural honey scent, with a hint of floral undertones. I especially liked the way the gentle scent lingered on my skin after a shower. I would consider buying this again, if I’m ever in LUSH and in the mood for something summery.
Philosophy Shortbread Cookie Shower Gel – To be honest this empty is mostly Sebastian’s doing, but I also used it from time to time. This is one of those body products that you really have to remind yourself not to eat, it smells that good.
Swisspers Make Up Pads – I don’t normally include products like this in my monthly empties, but I thought I would this time around so you could see some of my “holy grail” basics. I buy these in bulk at Chemist Warehouse, because I go through a roll of them every couple of months. These are the best quality makeup rounds that I’ve found, they don’t shred or the skin and the edges don’t feel hard and abrasive at all.
L’Oreal Preference Hair Dye in ‘Tahiti’ – Although I’ve made a triumphant return to getting my hair done at an actual hairdresser, I do still rely on box dye from time to time. I have two go-to shades, and this is one of them.
Dove Go Fresh Deoderant in Pomegranate + Lemon Verbena – This is another “holy grail” staple product that I don’t think I’ve mentioned before, but I go through bottles of this all the time. I’d say this is the best smelling deoderant on the market by far.
January: Kick start a healthy lifestyle for 2016. I’m feeling (as I’m sure most of us are) a bit sluggish following the holiday season. So the first month of the year will be dedicated to eating well and exercising regularly.
February: Celebrate “Galantines” Day. I’m thinking a nice bunch of roses this year. Because who wouldn’t want to spoil their girlfriends and make them feel extra special on this typically romantic holiday?
March: Spend the night in a hotel. Luxury!
April: Easter Book Haul! Who’s with me?
May: Take my parents out for dinner somewhere nice.
June: Treat myself to a trip to the salon for a fresh cut and colour.
July: Organise a birthday surprise, or a trip for Sebastian’s birthday.
August: Treat myself to a hydrating facial, or a hot stone massage.
September: Finish my online course. Hopefully I can achieve this a bit earlier on in the year, but this is my deadline!
October: Treat myself to a pedicure! A great way to kick start the summer.
November: Organise a small trip away for my birthday.
December: Host a Christmas event of some sort at our house. Perhaps a fun themed dinner party?
02) Inside the making of Home Alone’s fake gangsta movie
03) We saw Star Wars on Christmas night (a really good time to book Gold Class tickets for a blockbuster movie, as it turns out), and I can’t even express how much I loved it. It was amazing and I can’t wait to watch it again.
04) Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg insult each other
05) 11.22.63 looks so good. I need to read this ASAP.
06) I really need one of my favourite musical artists to release a new album.
07) I did a little bit of damage in the Boxing Day sales this year. Most of what I bought was beauty related, so I’ll be sure to share a haul with you in an upcoming post.
08) One purchase was not beauty related, but I managed to save 85% on it, which was awesome. Fly to me, brand new Gap GFit Capri Pants. Fly!
09) Celebrities read mean tweets
10) We are off to Adelaide next week, so I probably won’t be posting a ‘thoughts of the week’ post next Friday. With that in mind, I wish you all have a safe and a Happy New Year.
Warm Up – 10 minutes on cross trainer
3 Sets x 15 Reps on Pin Loaded Press (weight is currently at 45kg)
3 Sets x 15 CBX Incline Press (weight is currently at 20kg)
3 Sets x 15 Rev Step Lunge
3 Sets x 15 Seated Row
3 Sets x 15 Shoulder Press (current weight is 20kg)
3 Sets x 15 Mountain Climber
Cardio – 10 minutes bike (currently at 2:1 ratio inclines of 6/20)
Cool Down + Stretches
02) If you’re looking for a bright floral wallpaper to liven your life, here you go. I feel like my computer needs a bit of a face lift.
03) Signing up for Spotify Premium was probably one of the best decisions I made this year. If you’re not listening to this Disney playlist on a daily basis, you’re not really living.
04) This is particularly disturbing if you’re a fan of the Home Alone movies.
05) We have a trip to Adelaide planned in a couple of weeks, and I’m excited! It should be a fun way to ring in the new year and to end my long service leave.
06) It looks like I won’t be completing my 50 Book Challenge this year. Which is disappointing, but that’s life I guess! I forget that although I have time off at this time of year I rarely spend any of it reading.
07) One Direction Carpool Karaoke. Who would have thought I would end up being team Niall? Not me.
08) Um, how AMAZING does the new Independence Day movie look?
09) Speaking of movies I’m super psyched about, we’re hopefully going to see Star Wars sometime this weekend. I can’t wait!!!
10) And in other of Star Wars news, this brought me so much joy.