– Buy a BBQ and an outdoor setting for the back yard
– Set up the outdoor area in the back yard
– Go for long drives on warm evenings
– Make iced tea to drink on the weekends
– Create a new cocktail recipe to drink on balmy summer evenings
– Swim as much as possible
– Go for walks along the beach
– Spend a weekend at Rottnest Island
– Go back down south to the family holiday home for a weekend
– Get a professional pedicure
– Perfect 3 new salad recipes
– Re-read ‘ All in the blue unclouded weather’ by Robin Klein
– Go for evening walks before (or after) dinner
– Work on perfecting a heat-free hairstyle for work
– Go to the Royal Show
Are there any traditions you try to do every summer, or any things you’d like to try and cross of a to-do list this year? Also, do you think Ben looks beach-fit in the above picture?
02) Liv Tyler is apparently pregnant again! How exciting!
03) Taylor Swift’s album is available for pre-order (it’s due out on the 28th of October, I think I’ll wait for the release date), and she’s been all over the news this week because of comments she made during her Rolling Stone interview about a famous enemy she has. We all know it’s Katy Perry, and I kind of love it. She also tweeted a link to this video taken on the day of her Rolling Stone photoshoot. It’s lovely. Fun fact: the photographer from that shoot is Liv Tyler’s ex boyfriend. THE MORE YOU KNOW.
04) We went for a lovely drive in the country today, and had lunch in a little country town called York. It was nice to take some time to get away for the day. I loved seeing the wildflowers along the way, although it’s not technically wildflower season yet.
06) Urban Rituelle are having a sale (up to 65% off), but hurry because it’s ending on Sunday! Use code BIRTHDAYSALE when placing your order. Happy shopping!
07) This is a really interesting article.
08) I am tempted to buy Ben a spider costume for Halloween in an attempt to recreate this prank.
10) This live emoji feed is very interesting. I feel sorry for the lesser-used emojis now.
We Were Liars by E Lockhart (5/10) – This book was getting so much hype that I couldn’t resist picking up a copy for myself, and as soon as it arrived it jumped to the top of my to-read pile. This is one of those books that it’s best you go into knowing little to nothing about, so I won’t go into too much detail here. I will say that I enjoyed it a lot and I managed to shoot through it in a couple of days (mostly because I was so eager to figure out what was going on, and I couldn’t wait to get to the end). This would make a good little beach read this summer.
Black River by Dean Koontz (1/10) – I noticed I was 4 books behind in my 50 book challenge so I decided to download a short audio book to listen to and bump my tally a bit. I hadn’t read anything by Dean Koontz before ‘Intensity’ earlier this year (which coincidentally, is one of my favourite books) and this seemed interesting enough so I decided to give it a go. Yes this book was short, so that was good. It was terrible though, so I struggled to get through even the short amount of time it took to listen to it.
In The Blood by Lisa Unger (8/10) – This was another book that I purchased up after seeing it on a friends Goodreads ‘to-read’ list (noticing a trend here?) and it was the last of my autumn/winter haul that I picked up to read. I didn’t guess the surprise element to this story until the very end, which is somewhat rare for me. There were a lot of twists and turns along the way to keep me guessing, which I really enjoyed. This is another easy read that I managed to power through in a few days because I was so eager to reach the conclusion. If you like mystery/thriller books, this is definitely worth checking out.
02) Jimmy Fallon & Adam Levine played ‘Wheel of Musical Impressions‘ and it was great
03) A sober nightclub sounds right up my alley, to be honest.
04) Ben says hello.
06) These Parks & Recreation Emojis are awesome. I would use the hell out of the Tom Haverford one. #treatyoself #withemojis
07) This woman is courageous and inspiring.
08) So I never actually got around to purchasing tickets to the Miley Cyrus concert later this year, but they price has been reduced to around $80, so I guess that’s a good thing… Now I just need to get off of my butt and organize some tickets.
09) We’re finished with season one and making our way through season two of House of Cards, and the season opener blew my mind. This show is definitely worth watching, if you haven’t already tuned in.
10) We decided to bite the bullet and plan another (very small) little getaway for the end of this year. It’s only for a weekend, but it should be a nice little break. After that there will probably be very few holidays until our trip to the USA at the end of next year. But that will be worth the wait!
- Set up my new personal agenda
– Clean out the main hutch in the living room
– Finish organising my makeup collection
– Sort out my health insurance coverage
– Write a general plan for cleaning out the walk in wardrobe
Not a bad effort all up, and I finally managed to finish cleaning out my makeup collection, which had been a ‘work in progress’ for a few months now. I still haven’t sorted out my health insurance upgrade, but that’s mostly because I need to call them during working hours and I never get around to doing it. I’ll add it to the list again this month, and we’ll see how we go! Here is what I’m hoping to achieve in September:
– Organize a present for my BFF’s 30th birthday
– Sort out/upgrade my health insurance coverage
– Go to the Perth Royal Show
– Catch up on the 50 Book Challenge
– Start cleaning out the walk in wardrobe
– Get my health issues under control
I am 5(!) books behind in the 50 Book Challenge, so I’m making that a priority this month. How is everyone else doing with their goals? Has anyone finally managed to cross something off of their list after a few months of avoidance?
Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory (repurchased) – This is my holy grail foundation and I go through a bottle every couple of months because I use it in my daily makeup regime. I can’t really see myself straying from this anytime soon, so you’ll be sure to see more of these popping up in empties posts in the future.
Jurlique Chamomile Soothing Mist (would repurchase) – I think I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this product, as the scent reminds me of the first few months my partner and I spent together. As for how it worked as a facial mist, it was lovely. I will no doubt be repurchasing this, and considering that I’m now completely out of face mists it could be sooner rather than later.
Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Conditioner in Rose (repurchased) – These tinted lip conditioners are up there with my favourite lip products of all time, so it’s not too surprising that I finished up a whole tube of my favourite shade. If you’re placing a Sephora order in the near future, be sure to pick a couple of these bad boys up.
MOR Marshmallow Body Butter – I was flat-out obsessed with the marshmallow scent range from MOR a few years ago and although I still think it’s nice enough, it’s just a touch too sweet for my taste now that I’m a little bit older. I won’t be repurchasing this, but it was nice to finish it up.
Evo Normal Persons Conditioner (would repurchase) – I’m not sure how I managed to finish this up waaaay before the shampoo, but I think my partner may have been borrowing it from time to time. I will definitely be picking this up again in the future. I loved this shampoo/conditioner duo.
Nivea Fragrance Free Facial Cleansing Wipes (repurchased) – Yes, again. You know the drill.
02) The day finally came, the very first pair of Country Road stockings that I ever bought (four years ago) have a hole in them and need to be chucked out. I can’t recommend them highly enough, they are amazing quality and I continue to buy them year after year. This is the first time since I started wearing them that I’ve ever needed to replace them. They certainly are long lasting!
04) Somehow we managed to successfully grew some catnip, and Pepsi has been high ever since.
06) I got spendy this week and ordered some books and makeup. Oops.
08) Beyonce’s performance at the VMAs was perfection. As per usual. Speaking of Queen B, apparently she is coming to Australia with the On The Run tour with Jay Z. Interesting…
09) We finished watching the final season of The Killing, and it wasn’t how I thought they would end it, but I’m mostly satisfied with it being all wrapped up.
10) We went to see Mythbusters Live on Wednesday night, and it was a lot of fun. I wasn’t sure how their show would translate to a live audience, but I really enjoyed it. It was also really nice to head out into the city mid-week, as I rarely do. It was bustling!
I was slowly getting back into the swing of things this month, and kind of accomplished my goal of more gold stars in my planner. Well… there’s more in there than there was last month, I’ll say that much. As for visiting our local gym and trying out their services – no. That did not happen.
I’ll have unlimited access to a treadmill in September, so I want to focus on building back up to running again. I also want to undertake a kind of fitness ‘challenge’, and at this stage I think it’ll be the squat challenge from the Lorna Jane fitness diary. I also want to get my health on track, and my doctor and I have the ball rolling, and hopefully we’ll have something figured out soon.
Health & Fitness Related Goodies
* If you’re after some inspiration to help you push just a bit harder during your next workout, check out the Nicki Minaj film clip for Anaconda. Sheesh. What a body.