Do you have a particular book that you love to re-read over the summer? I do, and it’s one that I’ve had since I was a kid. It’s ‘all in the blue unclouded weather’ by Robin Klein, and every time I read it I get transported to summer. It’s a children’s book but I love it.
02) If you’ve ever done the Myers-Briggs personality test and are interested to see what personality type your blog says you are (at if it aligns with your regular personality – surprisingly enough, mine doesn’t), work it out here.
03) HEY GUYS, there are only 129 days until Christmas!
04) I’m sure by now we’ve all heard about the sad passing of Robin Williams. We celebrated his life by watching both Mrs Doubtfire and The Birdcage this weekend. Two of my all-time favourite movies. I think an Aladdin/Jumanji re-watch could be on the cards sometime soon.
06) I decided to put ‘The Shining’ down for a little bit, and have picked up ‘In The Blood’ by Lisa Unger instead. I’m really liking it so far, and I’m making way more progress on it than I did with The Shining. 50 Book Challenge, I’m coming for you!
07) How the sun sees you.
08) This was by far my favourite news story of the week.
09) WTF Renaissance is definitely my favourite twitter account at the moment.
10) I mentioned pizza on twitter last week, and Dominos Australia contacted me to send me a voucher for a free pizza. Which they seem to do a lot. A+ social media work if you ask me!
Nivea Fragrance Free Facial Cleansing Wipes (repurchased) – Surprise surprise. Yet another packet of the Nivea fragrance-free face wipes. Sick of seeing these in my empties posts? Yeah, me too. Moving on.
Maybelline Instant Age-Rewind Concealer (repurchased) – I go through one of these tubes roughly once a month. I use this concealer as part of my daily makeup look, and have done so for well over a year now. If you’re not looking for a lot of coverage and prefer a more lightweight concealer, this could be a product to keep an eye out for next time you’re at Priceline.
Haus of Gloi ‘Ghost Puffs’ Soft Bubbling Scrub (would repurchase) – I’ve tried the body lotion in this scent range from Haus of Gloi before, and it remains one of my all time favourites. I went through this little pot quite quickly (I think my boyfriend might have given me a helping hand – he loves the scent too), and I’m kicking myself for only getting the small sized pot when the Halloween scents were released last year. Luckily, it’s nearly Halloween again! Fingers crossed that the Ghost Puffs range makes a reappearance sometime soon.
(sample) Herban Essentials Lavender Towelette – I received this as a sample from MiniBarCo, last month and used it on my mini holiday down south. This was STRONGLY fragranced, which was somewhat overwhelming to begin with, but eventually faded and left the car (I used it to clean my hands before a small twisties binge on the drive home) smelling lovely. I’m keen to try the Lemon Towelettes from this range, because I think the scent might be more up my alley.
02) Kimberley mentioned ‘Booko‘ in her recent Q&A video, and as I’d never heard of it I thought I’d share it with you all. You can type in the title of a book you’re looking to purchase, and it scours online stores to find the best price available. If you’re like me and buy the majority of your books online, this site will no doubt come in handy.
03) So apparently the new Ghostbusters movie will have an all-female lead cast? I’m ok with this.
04) Pepsi says hi.
06) I’m back in my thrifty state of mind (thanks to a rather large rates bill that showed up earlier in this week), and have been thinking about doing my spring/summer hauls as ‘shop my stash’ features. Lord knows I have enough unread books and unused makeup to pick through.
07) This month-long workout plan by PopSugar looks interesting. Is anyone up for a challenge?
08) We finally finished watching both The Office and LOST during the week. It was bittersweet and quote emotional, watching both finales on the same evening. We’re now making our way through the first season of House of Cards, which is fast becoming one of my new favourite TV shows.
09) Speaking of TV, the new (and final) season of the Killing is finally out!
10) I’m not doing so well in my 50 Book Challenge. I’m really stuck with The Shining, and am finding it quite hard to get into. I find it even harder to put aside a book once I’ve started reading it, so I shall persevere. I might slip in a couple of ‘easy’ books after this one. Shhh…