Thank you to Kirstie Fitzgerald
for nominating me for this award. It really is so lovely to be counted amoung someone’s favourite bloggers, especially someone so wonderful. As an award winner I answer the 10 questions selected for me by Kirstie, and then I nominate 10 bloggers I admire for an award. They then answer my questions and nominate their favourite bloggers and so on and so forth.
The Liebster rules for sharing the love:
– Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated me.
– Answer 10 questions given by the nominator.
– Nominate 10 inspirational bloggers for the award.
– Create 10 questions for nominees to answer.
– Notify my nominees.
1. Why did you start blogging? I’ve been playing around with website development for around 10 years now. There was a period of time where I stopped being interested in site building, but when I got the itch to come back and try again I figured creating a blog would be an easy first step. And here I am, quite a few years later.
2. What do your family/friends think about your blog? The majority of my friends don’t know about my blog, and to be honest I’d be slightly embarrassed if they were to find out about it (but that stems from a bit of personal insecurity). Nearly all of them have very little online presence, so I feel like it would be a bit difficult to explain the blogging community to them. My partner is very supportive, he comes from an IT background, so he understands the online community better than my friends would. My family does know, and I think they find it quite interesting. When I first started receiving items for review my parents thought I was squandering my money on superfluous beauty products, so explaining it to them was a bit of a relief on their end I think.
3. What’s the best book you’ve read recently? I’m not sure if I’d classify it as the ‘best’, but it was certainly the most interesting, and that is ‘The Circle’ by Dave Eggers.
4. When was the last time you had a good belly laugh, and what caused it? To be honest with you, I have those big laughter moments nearly every single day, thanks to my partner Sebastian. He is one of the funniest people I know, we get each other’s weird humour and we’re always laughing together. It’s wonderful.
5. What would you say is your best quality? This is a tough one for me to answer. I will fall back on what people have told me in the past, which is that I am a kind and thoughtful person. I think in this day and age kindness and thoughtfulness is somewhat underrated, because we all have a tendancy to get a little self obsessed from time to time. Knowing that, it’s a compliment that I hold dear to me.
6. What’s a pet peeve of yours? When people are unnecessarily rude to customer service people. We were at KFC the other day (don’t ask), and there was a woman going off her head at the poor manager of the store, because she’d had to wait too long for her chicken. I can’t imagine anything worse than having to slave away over a hot fryer all day, and although I have no idea as to how this woman’s day had been, I feel like yelling at someone was probably not the best way to go about resolving her problem. I mean, we all want our KFC chicken ASAP but come on.
7. What was your favourite class to take in High School? I absolutely loved English Literature, but my teacher was a little bit nasty which put me off the class a little bit. Still, as someone who has been a voracious reader of books since a young child, any class where we got to study books was absolutely ok by me.
8. If there was to be a movie made about your life, who would play you and why? Probably the actress Melanie Lynskey, because (apparently) we look quite similar. Or Leonardo DiCaprio so he could finally win an Oscar.
9. What is your favourite word in the world and why? For some reason, the word ‘gravity’ automatically came to mind and I’m not really sure why.
10. What do you want to be when you “grow up”? I’ve never been career driven, and I don’t think I ever will be. My main goal in life is to be happy. To be content and peaceful and live a calm little life is all I really want from the world.
I nominate the following bloggers:
Kimberley @ Pop Couture
Natalie @ The Mustard Jumper
Emma @ Emma Bovary Beauty
Jade @ Jade Musing
Kimberley @ Kimmmyberleyy
My questions are –
01) If you could ‘borrow’ the wardrobe of a tv character for the day, who would it be and why?
02) What is your favourite TV show at the moment?
03) If you could have invented any makeup product, which one would it be and why?
04) What is your favourite thing about blogging/vlogging?
05) What is your favourite ‘beach read’ book?
06) If you could create your own lipstick shade, what would you call it and what shade would it be?
07) How many tabs do you have open on your window at the moment?
08) If you could change one element of your blog/channel what would it be?
09) What is your favourite movie to watch over the summer?
10) What are you most looking forward to, as we head towards the end of 2014?