learn to cook 5 beautiful dishes – Thanks to Masterchef Australia, my love of cooking really blossomed this year. I managed to perfect 3 recipes, and will do my best to continue researching and trying out new recipes in 2011.
grow my hair halfway down my back – With 0% effort on my end (all it took for me to achieve this was to wait a little longer between visits to the hairdresser) I actually managed to complete this goal! Having said that, I’ve been feeling the urge to go the big chop again lately but I will resist because I know I’ll regret it.
decorate the bedroom properly – I am probably half way there with this one. I did manage to buy some new furniture for the bedroom, do a massive cleanout and move everything around a little. I still need a few more things, but a lot of the stuff that I want is going on my birthday/christmas list – so hopefully soon the bedroom will be complete!
read 50 of the top 100 books of all time – I am no where near the actual completion of this goal, in fact I stopped reading books off of the Time list as soon as the Man Booker Shortlist was announced this year… Fickle! As far as the idea behind this goal goes, of wanting to read more and really get excited about books again I am happy to say that I definitely achieved that.
And now, to the new list…
01) Work on building a healthy balance between work, social life and time spent online
02) Finish decorating the bedroom
03) Buy a decent camera
04) Say yes to more social invitations
05) Break ties with “toxic” people or things in my life
06) Save $15,000 to put towards my own property
07) Go to 5 concerts
08) Start pilates classes again
09) Be more emotionally flexible & learn to adapt better to change
10) Get my eyes checked (and probably get new glasses)
There we go! All of the things I hope to achieve before October 2011. What is on your list for this year?