It’s been a long week (my first full week at work since the beginning of the holiday season) and I’m now thoroughly enjoying the cooler weather and a slow-paced weekend. My sister and family have moved back from Sydney and are staying with us at the moment so there is a lot of this going on.
Justin Timberlake released his new song
this week and I’m sad to say that I’m not that impressed with it. (note: after listening to the song on repeat while drafting this post it’s started to grow on me…)
02) The Office is filling the gap that the lack of new Parks & Recreation episodes has left in my life. I think it’s safe to say that Jim Halpert is the dream co-worker of every girl working in an office.
Following on from my suggestion of the Macro spicy lentil and tempeh balls from last week, I can now also highly recommend the chickpea burger patties. Super delicious.
04) Gone Girl is a pretty good read – get on it.
05) I’m currently trying out the Kevin Murphy Powder.Puff for review, and although it’s early days I think this could become one of my favourite hair products.
06) If you don’t already love Adele (are you a mutant?) you’re bound to find her adorable after watching her Golden Globes acceptance speech. Tay Swiz’s jealous(?) side-eye during the speech soured my view of her a little bit. Perhaps she was in a grump because of the destruction of her Harry Styles romance?
07) I’m definitely gonna need the Rag & Bone Kinsey boots in my life before the cold weather kicks in.
08) I didn’t realise that Ed Sheeran was touring Australia this year and therefore missed out on buying tickets. Gutted.
09) Tina & Amy are two of my heroes. (Thanks to Nat for this link!)
10) James McAvoy.
I’ve become obsessed with browsing pictures of interior design on Pinterest. It’s an inexpensive and inoffensive vice, so I’m happy to continue with it until my eyes turn square. I’ve started my own ‘Interior Design’ board on Pinterest where I pin all of the cream interiored, lush decor pictures that I stumble across. Here are some of my favourites, and some pictures that will no doubt influence how I’ll be decorating my new place –
If you would like to see more interior design inspiration or just general pictures of stuff that I like, head on over to my Pinterest profile
and take a look.
What is a dream life love list? Marthe explains it all in her post over at The Freedom Experiment
, which is where I found the inspiration to write my own. I love the idea of writing down the things you truly enjoy doing, and the things you want to start introducing into your life. I mentioned the dream life love list idea on twitter recently and a few people requested a sneak peek at my own, so here are a few of the things I wrote down for 2013 –
I take care of things before they become a problem.
I go to the movies with friends every week or so.
I see a WA Symphony Orchestra show at least once every season.
I run three times a week.
I practice pilates or yoga once a week.
I read every day and choose the quality of books over quantity.
I listen to classical music on Mondays.
My drink of choice is (great)scotch with fresh lime.
What would be on your Dream Life Love List?