I hope everyone had a lovely New Years Eve and welcomed 2013 with no hangover and an excess of positive energy to face the new year. I welcomed 2013 with a mild hangover and very little energy, but I’m all better now. In the words of Taylor Swift, “It’s a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.”
I’ve developed an unhealthy addiction to Wattle Valley’s olive medley and feta dip.
02) I successfully hooked two friends into watching Parks and Recreation recently and you’re next. PLEASE watch this show if you don’t already, it’s pure comedy genius.
03) I fell in love with this top while browsing the ShopBop sale, but I just can’t justify spending any money on clothes this month. I’m still catching up on paying everything off from December so I’ll show marvelous restraint and pass on this beautiful blouse.
04) Every year around this time living in Perth is like you’re in a bubble of fire approaching the sun and the past week has been just like that. I’m still not down with 43C heat, despite living in Perth for 28 years.
05) I’ve had this song on repeat all week. Ed Sheeran is my new favourite everything.
Did you know pavlova ice-cream
was a thing?
07) I started running training again. Prepared to be bored by future running posts!
08) American Horror Story returned this week, and the episode apparently held a clue to what season 3 will be about. I hope this scene was a clue that season 3 will be a merger with Glee, and Darren Criss will be making a guest appearance.
My current breakfast obsession is fresh peach with soy yogurt and toasted muesli. Perfect for the hot weather when it can sometimes be too warm to contemplate eating anything in the morning.
10) If you haven’t already entered my book giveaway, be sure to go and do so now. It’s open internationally – good luck!
One of my favourite things about being in school was the ‘back to school’ stationery shopping period. There was something so exciting about having a fresh load of pens and notebooks to start the year. And yes, I realize how sad this sounds. As I’m no longer in school and my workplace provides my office supplies, I tend to treat myself to a few bits and pieces at the beginning of each year to help me stay on track with blogging.
All of the above items are from Kikki-K
, and I’ll also be purchasing some new highlighters and pens/markers from Officeworks when I finally get around to going into the store.
The only time I wear glitter nail polish is around the Christmas and New Years holiday period,so when my mum brought me this OPI/Sephora nail polish back from the US I knew it had to be my New Years Eve shade for the year. It took around 3 coats to get an opaque coverage and the colour is a beautiful mix of champagne, rose gold and a soft pewter colour depending on the light.