Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (8/10) – I really liked this book, and I won’t say too much about it because it’s one of those books that the less you know about it the better it will be.
1Q84 (Book 1) by Haruki Murakami (6/10) – I enjoyed this but I found it quite obvious that it was part one in a trilogy. I didn’t feel like there was a complete story in the book, which was a bit frustrating but having said that I was captivated by the story enough to look forward to reading the other two books in the trilogy.
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (10/10) – A new favourite book. This was such a beautiful story, so fascinating and incredibly well told. It came highly recommended to me and now I highly recommend this to you.
04) I’ve been trying to use up some of my perfume samples and I’m amazed at how similar Calvin Klein’s Sheer Beauty is to Chanel Chance. If only it lasted as long on the skin…
05) Is anyone else watching The Americans? I started watching it on Dee‘s recommendation and it’s actually a really good show. If you liked season one of Homeland I think you will like this.
06) We all know Jennifer Lawrence fell over at the Oscars, but did we all know that Hugh Jackman and Bradley Cooper were the first ones to rush to her aid?
09) Feeling stressed? Why not try these 5 mini mindfullness methods that you can do anywhere?
10) Phillip Phillips (that name, lol) finally released the video for Gone, Gone, Gone and unfortunately I’m not that impressed. Great song, mediocre film clip.
33) Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara – This deluxe sample was a gift with purchase from a Sephora order that I placed last year. Again it was nothing special, and although I like the shape of the brush I’m not sure if it would translate to a full sized version. For now I’m staying faithful to my holy grail – Lancome Hypnose.
34) Seven Wonders Moroccan Treatment Conditioner – LOL look how gross that looks. For some reason I went through this conditioner way faster than the shampoo. In fact the shampoo seems to be getting fuller and fuller every time I use it. Magic. Anyhoo, I found that if I used this and the shampoo too often during the week my hair developed quite a bit of build up. At this stage I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this.
35) Bath + Body Works Hand Soap in Fresh Market Apple – Another month down, another hand soap finished. I’m still undecided as to whether I will keep purchasing these or try to source something a bit cheaper.
36) AB Cosmetics Pressed Powder in Light Beige – I was really enjoying this powder until I dropped the compact and smashed it in the bathtub about two weeks after I starting using it. *cue blood curdling scream*