I would love to be able to experience a white Christmas, mostly because I’d die to be able to wear one of those big cosy Christmas sweaters and lounge around next to the fireplace all day. Unfortunately I would literally die of heat stroke if I wore a sweater during an Australian Christmas. My Christmas day is typically spent sitting indoors next to the air-conditioner, avoiding the face-melting conditions of the world outside. This usually lasts until the sun is low enough in the sky that I’m able to head outside without bursting into flames, and then it’s straight into the pool. Taking this into consideration, my Christmas day makeup is kept minimal: tinted moisturiser, cream blush, and a dab of tinted lip balm on the lips. The real effort is made when I go out for dinner with my family on Christmas Eve (one of our yearly traditions).
01) NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
– When I wear a red lipstick/winged liquid liner combination I try to make sure that my base looks as flawless as possible. I like this foundation because it lets just enough skin show through to keep things looking natural.
02) Chantecaille Diamonds Eyeshadow Trio – The festive season is all about glitz and sparkle, and I love bringing out my glittery eyeshadows to wear at night.
03) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – In my opinion, a little flick of liquid eyeliner is the perfect match for red lipstick and this is one of my all-time favourite liners.
04) NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red – Red lips are the key to this look, and I love wearing a really bright and festive shade of red.
05) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light – Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this highlighter and I’m dying to try it out. I feel like it would give a beautiful glow to the tops of the cheekbones and help bring this entire look together.