– Make peppermint hot chocolate (I haven’t done this yet, but now I have an epic craving for peppermint hot chocolate. thanks, self)
– Perfect 3 new cookie recipes (See above)
– Go away for the weekend to celebrate Sebastian’s birthday
– Get a professional pedicure
– Paint the house
– Enjoy lazy Sunday mornings in bed and around the table (pots of tea, indulgent breakfast, books) (My biggest struggle with this is finding the time, or really setting the time aside to do this. There are always so many things to get done on the weekend, and ‘winding down’ isn’t ever a priority)
– Make big pots of soup every weekend (I made one pot of soup and it was a fail, so that put me off)
– Re-read ‘The Road’ by Cormac McCarthy
– Buy a nice new winter coat (I ordered a coat from ASOS recently but it ended up being a huge shapeless sack. Back to the drawing board)
– Learn how to make a great curry from scratch
– Spend rainy weekend evenings playing board games with the family (Soon!)
– Invest in a good hydrating face mask (and use it weekly!)
See how I haven’t crossed one item off of my list yet? I’m glad I checked in! How are you all going with your seasonal to-do lists? Jen from JenLovesKev just posted about her Summer Bucket List, and it’s pretty amazing.
Seinfeld – This is our go-to “short episode” show to watch. We’ve managed to make our way through the entire series, and are close to the end of season nine. I don’t want it to end! This show stands up to the test of time, and is just as funny today as it was when it first aired on TV.
Better Call Saul – Sebastian and I were both huge fans of Breaking Bad, so it was a no-brainer that we’d be tuning in for Better Call Saul. I found it quite slow to start (I felt the same way about Breaking Bad, tbh), but it’s picking up the pace and by mid-way through the first season it’s captured my interest.
Daredevil – Practically everyone on twitter was raving about this show when it was first released, so we decided to give it a go. The first episode was enough to draw us in, and we’re both really enjoying it. I don’t know much about the comic book origins, but the plot has been easy to follow without knowing any of the backstory.
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – How could we not watch this show? We’re both huge Tina Fey fans, we watched the entirety of The Office US and 30 Rock together and we love Ellie Kemper and Jane Krakowski’s work. This has taken a little while for me to warm up to, but it’s getting there.
Game of Thrones – Game of Thrones recently returned for another season, and OBVIOUSLY we’re tuning in. Now that My Kitchen Rules has finished for the year, Monday night can return to it’s official title of Game Of Thrones Night!
What’s your favourite TV show at the moment?