Sweet Valley High #30 – Jealous Lies – “It’s pledge season for Pi Beta Alpha, and everyone in the exclusive Sweet Valley High sorority expects Sandra Bacon to nominate her best friend, Jean West. But Sandra’s tired of always hearing about Jean’s perfect figure, terrific grades, and fantastic cheerleading. The sorority is the only thing Sandra has that Jean doesn’t, and even though Jean is her best friend, Sandra wants to keep Pi Beta Alpha for herself. When Sandra unwillingly becomes Jean’s pledge sponsor, she’s determined to do everything she can to insure Jean doesn’t make it through the pledge period. But how far can Sandra go and still remain friends with Jean?”
Sweet Valley University – Super Thriller #12 – Don’t Answer The Phone – “SVU Hot Line operator Alexandra Rollins doesn’t know what to do when she begins receiving vicious calls from a man threatening to commit a murder. She can’t tell the police – all calls are meant to be confidential. Besides, it’s probably just a practical joke. It’s best not to get involved… right? Wrong. The maniac’s threat turns into a promise when one of Alexandra’s closest friends is killed on campus. Over come with guilt, she decides to trap the killer herself. But he’s watching her every move… in fact, he’s even closer to Alexandra than she realizes. Is the end of her life just a phone call away?”
Sweet Valley High – Super Thriller #3 – No Place To Hide – “When Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield invite Nicholas Morrow on a picnic to help cure his blues, their plan has unexpected results. Nicholas falls in love with Barbara, a beautiful girl who involves the twins in their most dangerous mystery yet. Barbara tells Nicholas they must hide their relationship from the uncle she’s visiting. Hearing the fear in her voice, Nicholas decides to tell the twins, and they start investigating. The more they find out, the more desperate Barbara’s situation seems. Then Jessica and Elizabeth are threatened by an anonymous caller. Now they face a terrible choice either give up their search and leave Barbara in deadly trouble, or save Barbara’s life and risk their lives and Nicholas’s!”
This haul was basically just me indulging the voice inside my head who kept saying that I deserved to treat myself. And look, it’s been a hard couple of months. So why not? I had a few things in mind that I wanted to pick up so I decided to do an Adore Beauty Haul. Here’s what I picked up:
Aveda Nutriplenish Hydrating Shampoo
– I’ve really been loving Aveda hair care products lately. I recently walked past a salon near my office in the city and saw this range being advertised, so I decided to give it a go. It really does not take much to market to me, apparently. I’ve been using it since it arrived and I am a huge fan. I have quite fine hair and it is prone to getting tangled after I wash it (unless I use a deep conditioning treatment) but I’ve had no issues combing through my hair after using these products.
Glasshouse A Tahaa Affair Candle
– Sebastian likes to have a candle in his home office, and because he’s currently working from home full time he is burning through them faster than usual. He is a major sweet tooth and a big fan of caramel everything (scent included), so I knew he would like this.
Circa Home Vanilla Bean Allspice Candle
– Glasshouse have culled a lot of my favourite scents from their range, so I am on the hunt for a new candle for our main living space. The scent of this is more floral than I thought it would be, but it’s still a pleasant fragrance. I’m not sure yet whether I will repurchase it again for our living space, but we’ll see.
Philosophy Cinanmon Buns Shower Gel
– The weather is getting colder in Adelaide, which apparently means I want to smell less like a piece of summer fruit and more like a delicious baked good. I’ve had my eye on this shower gel for a while now and it felt like the perfect cold-weather product to have in the shower. The smell of this is absolutely incredible and I am obsessed
Kiehl’s Creme De Corps Whipped Body Cream
– I like to have a lotion that is either neutral, or pairs well with my shower gel so I picked this up to use in conjunction with the Philosophy shower gel. I also figured as the weather gets cooler my skin gets drier, so the thicker the body lotion I’m using the better.
I am allowing myself a little treat every pay day while in isolation, you know, just to keep morale up. Recently the lovely Anissa tweeted to say that the Mecca Beauty Loop boxes were available. I feel like I always miss out on the Beauty Loop boxes, so quickly I hopped onto the Mecca site to immediately place an order. Here’s what I purchased:
Lancome Hypnose Mascara
– I have lost count of how many times I’ve repurchased this mascara, it’s the only one I wear. I’ve heard mixed reviews from other people about how well this works for them, but it’s perfect for me and I’m not even tempted to try something new. Stick to what works!
Mecca Max Bring On Bright Illuminating Primer
– This is another product I have repurchased a few times. I’ve even managed to turn both my best friend and mum on to using it, so it must be doing something right. As a primer it doesn’t seem to do much in the way of keeping my makeup on my face for extended periods of time, but it does give a lovely “glow” as a base.
Living Proof Restore Repair Leave In Conditioner
– I have been loving my Aveda shampoo and conditioner products, but I’m finding the conditioner is not quite as heavy duty as my hair needs at the moment. I’m nearly finished with my current “leave in” product (Kevin Murphy ‘Staying Alive’), and I wanted to try something new. I’m curious to see how this works for me during winter because my hair has a tendency to get quite dry at the ends during the colder months.
Darphin Hydraskin Intensive Moisturising Serum
– True to tradition, my skin has been playing up a bit as we transition into a different season. My biggest concern at the moment is dryness, so I’m hoping this hydrating serum will help give my skin a bit of a boost. I’m a big fan of the Darphin skin care range (not so much the price tag) so I have high hopes that this will work well.