November 21, 2013
I would love to be able to experience a white Christmas, mostly because I’d die to be able to wear one of those big cosy Christmas sweaters and lounge around next to the fireplace all day. Unfortunately I would literally die of heat stroke if I wore a sweater during an Australian Christmas. My Christmas day is typically spent sitting indoors next to the air-conditioner, avoiding the face-melting conditions of the world outside. This usually lasts until the sun is low enough in the sky that I’m able to head outside without bursting into flames, and then it’s straight into the pool. Taking this into consideration, my Christmas day makeup is kept minimal: tinted moisturiser, cream blush, and a dab of tinted lip balm on the lips. The real effort is made when I go out for dinner with my family on Christmas Eve (one of our yearly traditions).
01) NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
– When I wear a red lipstick/winged liquid liner combination I try to make sure that my base looks as flawless as possible. I like this foundation because it lets just enough skin show through to keep things looking natural.
02) Chantecaille Diamonds Eyeshadow Trio – The festive season is all about glitz and sparkle, and I love bringing out my glittery eyeshadows to wear at night.
03) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – In my opinion, a little flick of liquid eyeliner is the perfect match for red lipstick and this is one of my all-time favourite liners.
04) NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red – Red lips are the key to this look, and I love wearing a really bright and festive shade of red.
05) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light – Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this highlighter and I’m dying to try it out. I feel like it would give a beautiful glow to the tops of the cheekbones and help bring this entire look together.
October 12, 2013
I love a good chubby stick. In fact, I can confidently say that Clinique’s Chubby Sticks have been my favourite lip product lately and this shade in particular is my go-to lip colour at the moment. To be honest with you guys, every time I pick it up I think…
If that isn’t enough to entice you to purchase this little beauty, read on. Clinique Chubby Sticks offer everything I could possibly want from a lip product: they give just the right amount of coverage, feel moisturizing on the lips, and they give me the ability to apply lip colour with what appears to be a giant crayon. These kinds of products are more popular now, but when they first came out on the market I had a lot
of people questioning what the heck I was doing. Mighty Mimosa is my latest chubby purchase and I really love this shade. I wanted something quite neutral and slightly peachy, and this is pretty much perfect. The Clinique Chubby Stick in Mighty Mimosa retails for $35 AUD and is available for purchase from Clinique online
October 1, 2013
Can someone send me frequent reminders that the ‘treat yo-self’ concept should really be limited to a once-a-year event? Or maybe just cut up my credit cards. THANKS. Anyway, I placed a spur of the moment order with Sephora last month because I developed an obsession with the Makeup Forever HD Blush in the shade Nip Slip. I mean, the name alone. I decided to stock up on a few essentials (and non-essentials) while I was placing my order, just to make the shipping cost worthwhile (ha). I bought: Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory, Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head, Beauty Blender Duo Pack, Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess, Illamasqua Gleam Highlighter in Aurora, Clinique Chubby Stick in Mimosa, Lancome Hypnose Mascara, and the Makeup Forever HD Blush in Nip Slip. I BOUGHT A BRONZER, GUYS.