01) Head & Shoulders Shampoo in Apple Fresh – This is Sebastian’s shampoo of choice, but I also use it once a week or so to help keep my hair in good condition. I don’t have dandruff, but I do find that this does a really good job of clarifying my hair. Also it smells really good.
02) Paula’s Choice Hydralight Moisturiser – I’ve been a recurring purchaser of this moisturiser for a couple of years now. I still really love it, but I do feel like my skin might be adapting to my current routine, so I’ve decided to work some Dermalogica back into the mix to see how I go. I think I have one or two of these floating around in my cupboard though, so no doubt I’ll return to it again soon.
03) Lush BIG Shampoo – This is another staple in my beauty cupboard, and I repurchased it as soon as this tub ran out. I use this once a week (usually on the weekend) to deep clean my hair and get rid of the product build up that has accrued over the course of the week. This is another must-repurchase if I run out during the project, but it’s unlikely as these little tubs seem to last forever.
04) Lush Sympathy For The Skin Lotion – I miss this lotion. I finished this up a little while ago, but hadn’t gotten around to tossing the container. I don’t think I’ll be buying a replacement of this anytime soon, purely because I’ve found a much cheaper option in the Jergen’s fragrance free daily moisturiser. I do still really love it though. And I kind of miss it. But NO I will not talk myself into buying another tub, lets move on.
06) Nivea Fragrance Free Facial Cleansing Wipes – So I used up another packet of these face wipes, and yes they’re still my favourite. I probably won’t have another packet in my empties for a while, due to “the pan”, as I’ll be trying to use my Bioderma as a makeup remover instead.
07) Arbonne Cream Concealer in Light – Wow, I used up a whole concealer that isn’t the Maybelline instant age rewind. I’ll pause here for your applause. At first I thought this shade might have been a bit yellow for my skintone, but it worked really well as an undereye concealer when I blended it in with a brush. I still have two or three concealers to finish up before I’m ‘allowed’ to buy anything new, but I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future.
08) Lancome Hypnose Mascara – I always get so disappointed when I finish a tube of my holy grail mascara. This time was especially difficult, because I decided to NOT follow up with another tube of Hypnose, but to try something different. Mainly because I’ve committed myself to a Project 50 Pan, and I have a few mascaras sitting unopened in my makeup drawer that need to be finished up before I can justify purchasing something new. I don’t know what I could possibly tell you about Lancome Hypnose that I haven’t said a million times before. This is the best mascara I’ve ever tried, and you should buy a tube for yourself.
09) Paula’s Choice Hydralight Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner – I’m close to reaching the end of my Paula’s Choice stash, and I don’t have much in the way of toner backups, so I might just have to order some more of this (I love it, btw). I’ll check through my beauty cupboard and see what I can replace this with, from memory I have one bottle left and then NOTHING. My goodness. Can my face live without Paula’s Choice? This Project 50 Pan is a real challenge.
11) Skindanavia No More Shine Makeup Finish – Another holy grail product bites the dust! This time it’s my makeup finishing spray, and yes I had another on-hand to finish so I’m including this in my Project 50 Pan. No repurchase yet!
12) EVO Ritual Salvation Shampoo & Conditioner – I decided to include these two as one product, because it’s my pan and I can do what I want! I liked this duo, but these little square bottles are absolutely useless and make it nearly impossible to get any of the product out, especially when you’re about half way through the bottle.
13) Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory – Another holy grail item that I had a back up stash of, so I’m including it in my 50 items for the pan. I love this foundation, and really the only thing that would make me stop wearing it is if Sephora decided to stop shipping it to me. (please do not do this sephora)
14) Paula’s Choice Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion – This has been my favourite moisturiser for a long time, but after finishing this tube up I decided to switch to something else… also from Paula’s Choice. I’ll be sure to review that when I have a good idea of what I feel about it. But you can be sure I’ll be returning to my old faithful Hydralight soon enough.
16) Pantene Nourished Shine Shampoo & Conditioner – Again, I’m choosing to include two travel-sized products as one full-sized product, because I think it works out pretty even in the long run. I really liked this shampoo and conditioner duo, and would definitely consider buying a full-sized set of these in the future. Pantene never fails to work well with my hair, honestly.
17) Nivea Fragrance Free Facial Cleansing Wipes Will I ever run out of these? Probably not. As always, these are my favourite facial cleansing wipes, and I go through a packet every month or so. I have about 10 back-ups in my cupboard, because I buy a bulk load of them every time I place my Chemist Warehouse order. It saves me money in the long run, so I’m going to continue doing it until I grow sick of these wipes. Which will be never.
18) Herbal Essences Colour Me Happy Conditioner – I find these giant pump action bottles of shampoo and conditioner so handy to have in the shower. And I’m a huge fan of the majority of the Herbal Essences hair care range. This was no exception. I’m still working my way through the shampoo, and I love it as much as I loved this conditioner. It left my hair feeling so smooth and silky, and did a really great job at taming the frizziness of my hair.
20) Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream – I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this moisturiser. For years I’ve steered clear of heavy formula creams, but my skin drank this one up. The smell was lovely (a yummy vanilla orange combination), and I loved how hydrated my skin felt after using this. I would consider repurchasing this, I’ll just have to wait and see what my moisturiser stash looks like at the end of Project 50 Pan.
21) MAC Matte Eyeshadow in Blanc Type – Guys. I finished an entire eyeshadow. Can you believe it? This was my everyday eyeshadow for quite some time, and I’m sad to see it go. If you have very fair skin this shade comes off as a neutral skin-tone colour. If you don’t have very fair skin I’m sure it’d make for a nice matte highlight. I’ll be repurchasing this in the future, but for now I have a few other neutral eyeshadows to finish up.
22) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Light – This is my everyday concealer, but I’m still surprised at how quickly I make my way through these tubes. Love this concealer.
23) Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo in Apple Fresh – This is Sebastian’s shampoo of choice, but I use it once a week on my own hair as a bit of a light clarifying treatment. I love the smell of this, I feel like all shampoos should smell like apples.
24) Skindanavia No More Shine Makeup Finish – Another staple in my beauty cupboard. I use this every day to freshen up my makeup after I’ve applied everything except mascara.
26) Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory – This will be the last bottle of my favourite foundation that I can county in the project 50 pan, as it was the second last one in my stash. Thankfully, I have a wonderful partner who went out of his way (while in Dubai for an overnight stay) to go to Sephora to track me down a fresh bottle of this. I was starting to panic a little bit that I was going to be completely without my beloved foundation. But not to worry, my stocks have been replenished.
27) Paula’s Choice Hydralight Refreshing Toner – It’s also a miracle that I’m yet to reach the bottom of my stash of Paula’s Choice products, but it’s getting near (and I’m getting a bit worried). I finished up another bottle of this toner, which is my favourite from the range. I’m currently making my way through the ‘Resist’ toner, and really liking it but I think when all is said and done I’ll definitely be going back to Hydralight. It’s the one that seems to work best for my skin.
28 Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser – I like to use these smaller sized bottles of Cetaphil when we travel, or stay somewhere overnight. I use Cetaphil every day in the shower as a body cleanser, it’s lovely and gentle and works really well with my sensitive skin.
29) Eco Body Wash in Green Apple + Aloe Vera – Sebastian and I both loved this body wash. The green apple scent was wonderfully refreshing to use during summer, as it was really uplifting and made taking a cold(ish) shower a lovely experience. These shower gels are really lovely, they don’t have any sulphates and parabens but still lather up really well and don’t dry out the skin afterwards.
30) L’Oreal Sublime Mousse in Pure Brown – The only thing I keep once I’ve finished up this hair dye is the conditioning treatment that comes in the box, so that’s what I’m sharing with you in this empties post. I had four of these squirreled away in my empties basket, but I definitely didn’t use them all up over the course of one month. I tend to dye my hair every month and a half or so, which is still quite frequent. I only ever use this one hair dye, and you can read all of my thoughts on it here.
31) Schwarzkopf Deep Nutrition Intensive Care Mask – I picked this up back when Sebastian and I were driving from Adelaide to Perth early last year, as my hair wasn’t doing a great job of coping with the travel. I didn’t love it. It was too heavy for my hair, and instead of leaving it feeling nice and silky it felt weighed down and a bit oily. I ended up using it just on the ends of my hair just to use it up, and I won’t be repurchasing it.
32) Fresh Tinted Lip Conditioner in Rose – This has been my daily lip colour for a long time now, and I included it in my Autumn Capsule Makeup Collection to reflect this. This was a travel sized version, and to my horror I’m also down to the last few wears of my full sized tube too. It might be time for a Sephora order soon. Uh oh.
LUSH Big Shampoo – Again, I’m mentioning this but not counting it in the 50 Pan Challenge as it’s a staple in my beauty cupboard and I just had to repurchase it as soon as this tub was finished. I use this every weekend as a clarifying shampoo to help give my hair a really deep clean. I’ve been using Big for a couple of years now, and it’s a firm favourite in my hair care routine. Everyone I’ve recommended this to has loved it as well, I think it’s a worthy addition to all hair care routines. Buy it!
33) Herbal Essences Colour Me Happy Shampoo – I used up the conditioner from this duo back in January but still had a little way to go with the shampoo. I really loved this, and will be repurchasing it again soon (when we run out of all the other shampoo and conditioner I’ve hoarded over the years).
35) Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent – As I mentioned in my recent post regarding products you should purchase from Sephora, this is the first loose powder that I’ve noticed has actually done something for my skin. I will repurchase this, but I’m including it in the tally because I’ll be using up a different powder in the meantime.
36) Paula’s Choice Resist Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner – That’s quite a mouthful. I rarely switch up my cleanser, but I happily rotate through three of the Paula’s Choice toners, and I’m glad to have added this one into the rotation. To be honest I can never really tell if a toner is doing much for my skin, but it’s not doing anything BAD to my skin, which is good. I do find that my skin feels quite “tingly” after I apply this, so I guess it’s doing something.
37) Haus Of Gloi Milkmaid Whipped Soap – I really like the Haus of Gloi Whipped soaps, and this is one of my favourite fragrances from their Spring line. It smells soft and sweet, like fresh laundry and sugar mixed together. Sebastian actually used up the majority of this tub, as he really loved the smell too. I will repurchase this, but not for quite a while, as I have a lot of other products to use up first.
38) Cutex Nourishing Nail Polish Remover – This is one of my favourite nail polish removers, and mostly because it smells so good. It also does a fairly good job of removing nail polish, which is also good I guess. Worth checking out.
40) Slatkin & Co Salted Caramel Scented Candle – I just had a big whiff of the remains of this candle, and it smells amazing. I picked this up from Bath & Body Works (from the US store using parcel forwarding) a couple of years ago, it’s one of their seasonal scents and unfortunately I haven’t seen it on their site since. I’ll be keeping a sharp eye out for the rumoured Australian Bath & Body Works store, perhaps they’ll stock it?
41) Philosophy Cookies & Cream Shower Gel – This smelled more like chocolate than anything else, but it was a real treat to use in a hot shower on a cold winter’s night. Delicious. These Philosophy 3-in-1 products are designed to be used as shower gel, shampoo, and bubble bath, but I only ever use them as a shower gel. It did the job well enough, but I don’t think I’d repurchase this scent again. Sebastian l-o-v-e-d this.
42) Tresemme Moisture Rich Shampoo & Conditioner – I like to include these little travel sized products as one full sized product, because it’s my challenge and I can do what I want! I really liked this shampoo/conditioner duo, the combination of the two left my hair feeling pretty amazing. I would definitely consider buying the full sized versions of these in the future.
43) MAC Matte Eyeshadow in Blanc Type – Yes, that is a whole eyeshadow. Gone. And I used every last little crumb of it. This shade works really well as an all over lid colour or a highlighter on me, but it probably wouldn’t show up that well on anyone darker than a piece of paper. I need to keep this somewhere handy so I can remember to ‘back to MAC’ it in 25 years when I finally finish enough MAC products to qualify.
44 + 45) Nivea Fragrance-Free Facial Cleansing Wipes (x 2) – If you haven’t heard me raving about this facial wipes you haven’t been paying enough attention. These are my favourite skin wipes, and I would never purchase anything else. They’re officially on the “holy grail” list.
46 + 47) Pantene 3 Minute Miracle (x 2) – This is another product that has official “holy grail” status, and has for a few years now. I was pleasantly surprised to find a few of these little beauties stashed away in my cupboard, and my hair certainly thanked me for it. If you’re looking for a really deep-treating conditioner, check this out.
48) L’Occitane Amande Mains A Croquer Hand Cream – I am so disappointed that I’ve used this up. I had a “back up”, that I just realised is actually a different scent (and one that I hate, so that’s nice). I will definitely be picking another tube of this one up ASAP, as it’s my all-time favourite hand cream. It smells delicious.
Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Conditioner in Rose – I’m not including this in the tally, because I repurchased this before the end of the Project Pan. I just couldn’t live without it and yep, you guessed it, it’s another holy grail product. I’m using up a lot of these lately.
49) Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory – Oh look, another holy grail product, and one that I rave about enough for you to not need much of an explanation here. This is the foundation I wear every day, I love it, end of story.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Fair/Claire – I had to repurchase this concealer, and I wasn’t too upset about breaking the pan for it because I had a handy little Priceline voucher to spend. Love this, and use it every day.
50) Yallingup Candle Co. Soy Candle in French Vanilla – It’s been a while since I featured a candle in an empties post, but in all honesty I just haven’t been bothered to burn any lately. That needs to change though, because I have quite a few to work through. This one was lovely, I picked it up on one of our trips down south earlier in the year. Sebastian is a big fan of vanilla scents, so he really liked this.