1. What are you favourite pajamas?: I’ve always been a big fan of the PJs at Sussan, everything in their range is extremely comfortable and cute. I also wear a lot of stuff from the GAP pure body range (in particular the modal pants), because everything is so soft and perfect for sleeping in.
2. Current bedtime reading?: At the moment I’m reading You by Caroline Kepnes. Which is a pretty strange read so far, to say the least.
3. What is on your bedside table?: I have a hand-painted watercolour portrait of Ben, that I’m yet to find a frame for. I also have a handful of crystals that I’ve picked up over the years, a hand cream from Scottish Fine Soaps, a Tanda candle (in lychee & black tea), a lamp (IKEA of course), and the book I’m currently reading.
4. Favourite sleepy scent?: I don’t really wear or associate any sort of scent with sleep. Although I do like having a gently scented candle next to the bed to keep the room smelling nice and fresh. Nothing too overpowering though.
5. What is your usual bedtime & wakeup time?: When I’m working I usually go to bed at around 10pm and wake up at 5am, now that I’m on holidays my bedtime ranges but is never later than 11:15ish. I’ve been letting myself wake up naturally, which is usually at around 6-6:30am (or 4am if I’ve had a lot of water the night before).
6. Top 3 bedtime products?: Some sort of hand cream, for sure. Although it has to be something I apply to my skin and let it soak in for a reasonable amount of time before going to bed. I hate going to bed feeling like I’m all lathered up in products. I also apply some sort of lip balm before I turn the lights off, and my favourite is the Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy. A treat for my skin before bed is definitely a nice slathering of Kosmea’s organic rosehip oil. Even though it smells terrible, I don’t care.
7. Your most common sleeping position?: We’re currently living with the world’s most uncomfortable mattress, so whatever position I can twist myself into and feel relatively comfortable I guess. I have to battle with a cat who likes to sleep at my feet, and manages to sneak up there when I’m asleep, so I can’t stop it from happening. In general I’m a side/stomach sleeper.
8. Any strange bed time routines?: Sometimes when Sebastian is away for work, I want Pepsi to come and sleep in the bedroom with me. I just like the company. She’s pretty stubborn, so to get her to walk all the way up the passage to the bedroom I use an app that plays a cat meowing – that sucks her in every time.
9. Are you big spoon or little spoon?: Little spoon 99% of the time.