As I mentioned in my last Thoughts Of The Week
post, I recently purchased a face mask after seeing it on ChelseaWears
‘ snapchat. Totally normal single white female behaviour. Of course it’s physically impossible to buy just ONE thing from Mecca
, so here’s the full list of what I picked up –
I’ve already used (and love) the mask, but I’m on the fence about the serum. I think I need to use it a few more times to see how my skin feels about it. The muslin cloths are a repurchase, so I already know I like those and the lip chic was something of a miracle because it ended up being exactly the shade I was after (despite me ordering it based on a dodgy swatch I saw online). I haven’t tried any of the samples yet, but I’m excited to see what they’re like. I did the math and the Dr Dennis Gross sample is worth around $8, which makes it possibly the most expensive free sample I’ve ever received with an online beauty order.
I’m at the stage now where I’m never really that happy about finishing beauty products, because I’m using mostly favourites and holy grail items. Empties used to mean I’d finished up something that I could probably live without, and gave me a little feeling of accomplishment. Now they just mean I have to fork out money for replacements.
Dove Go Fresh Deodorant in Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena – This has to be the best smelling deodorant I’ve ever found, and I will use it until they no longer stock it anywhere on Earth. The plus side is, it also works really well! Win-win.
Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray – I could never spray this directly on my hair, because too much product came out with each spray and it is reasonably heavy (at least for my fine hair), so I’d have to spray it directly on the palm of my hands and then apply it. I’d ould also have to use it prior to blow-drying, otherwise it left my looking slightly greasy and limp. Although it’s a bit of a high maintenance product for me I still really like it, when I use it in a way that works for my hair it leaves everything looking really glossy and sleek. I’m on the fence about repurchasing though, I think I’m fine sticking with plain old Moroccanoil for now.
Fresh Tinted Lip Conditioner in Rose – I adore these tinted lip conditioners from Fresh, and this is my favourite shade. The only downside to the product is the scent, which can become quite overpowering by the time you reach the end of the tube. This was a special limited edition in a rose scent, which made a nice change from the usual lemon scent but as always I was sick of it by the time this was empty. These lip conditioners are long-lasting and moisturising on the lips, and this is my go-to lip product for every day. And yes of course I have another one ready to go now that this is finished. *praise hands*
Paula’s Choice Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion – This is my favourite daily moisturiser and I was extremely disappointed when it ran out because I (shock horror) do not have any back-ups in my beauty cupboard. On the plus side, I’m glad I finished this up because I’ve been trying another moisturiser (also by Paula’s Choice), and am really loving it. Lose-win?
01) In annoying life news this week, we have a leak somewhere in our house. Our water bill was extremely high, so we decided to check our meter and with everything turned off it was still ticking over. Sigh. We have a plumber coming on Monday to try and find the leak, so please PRAY TO THE UNIVERSE that it’s not something under the house or anything equally as
expensive difficult to fix.
04) I am equal parts excited and nervous for this week’s Game of Thrones finale. What will we do on Monday evenings for the next year?!
05) Guys, I have some bad news. Independence Day: Resurgence was kind of disappointing. Still, it’s nice to have a new alien invasion movie in the world.
06) Orange Is The New Black is back! A lot of people have finished watching the new season already, but we’ve been pacing ourselves. I’m nervous about the end approaching, because I’ve been mildly spoiled about what happens…
09) I’m obsessed with Chelsea Wears, so after seeing her snapchat herself using a face mask and then her skin looking awesome the following day, of I had to pick it up. And I love it. I’ll be posting a review soon, so stay tuned!
If you’re not already following my dear friend Emma on twitter
, or reading her blog
– today is the day to start! Head on over and check her out.
I try and put off placing Sephora orders for as long as I can, so I can pick up all of my necessary/holy grail items at once. There are some products that I absolutely love
that I just can’t find anywhere in Australia, so being able to parcel-forward things from the US Sephora site via Hop Shop Go makes life a lot easier for me. Especially as my holy grail foundation is only available for purchase from there. *stressful* Here’s what I picked up this time around –
Lancome Hypnose Mascara in Noir Hypnotic
2x Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge Nude
2x Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory
Fresh Sugar Lip Conditioner in Rose
If you have any suggestions for products I should pick up from Sephora in the future, please let me know. I’ve been in a bit of a rut when it comes to purchasing new beauty products… Mostly because I have no idea what to try! I’d love to hear your suggestions so please be sure to leave them in the comments below.