This is my new obsession. I’ve been a big fan of Pantene 3 Minute Miracle for many years now, so when I stumbled across this large tube at my local Coles I did a double take. What was this glorious gold tube? Was it my old school favourite, maximized? No… it’s a brand new favourite. A big ol’ tube of 3 minute miracle that you can use every single day. First things first, this smells AMAZING. Like, want-to-eat-it-but-don’t-because-poison amazing. Secondly, this really works. And it’s a much different experience from the original 3 minute miracle in that it’s far more lightweight and gentle on the hair. Which makes a world of difference if you have fine hair like myself. If you were a fan of the original, or if you’re just in the market for a new conditioner – pick this up ASAP. The Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner retails for $7.99 AUD and is available for purchase from Priceline.
I was sent the new range of Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine lipsticks for trial and review, and was pleasantly surprised when they showed up at my door. I’ve swatched the range of shades below –
Shades from top to bottom: Pink Rules, Red-y Set Go, Glow-Rious Pink, Spin All Spring, Woke Up Like This, and Better and Brighter.
You can see just how moisture-rich the lipsticks are in the second shot in natural light. This moisture does transfer to the wear on the lips, and they feel slick and smooth on application. The only downside to this is that it means the more intense colours can be prone to “slipping” a little bit, which could be something to consider if you’re like me and struggle when wearing anything other than a matte ‘bold’ lip. As some of the colours in the range don’t suit my colouring or style, I took them to a recent catch up with my girlfriends and they were snatched up quickly. There is a shade in the range to suit almost anyone, and these are definitely worth stopping to check out (and swatch) next time you come across of a Rimmel display. The Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer Shine lipsticks retail for $13.95 AUD and are available for purchase from Priceline (please note: product was sent for consideration for review).
01) My new beauties arrived from Erin Condren, and I am in love. I still haven’t had time to transfer everything across from my old planner, but I’m hoping to get that done sometime this weekend.
02) I’ve been obsessively stalking Whitty Novels on Youtube and all of her social media platforms this week. I love this girl.
03) This remix of the Stranger Things theme song is awesome.
04) They’re calling this Olympics the most meme-able Olympics ever and I have to be honest, I’m loving it.
05) Speaking of Olympics, this story about Zac Efron flying over to meet Simone Biles and the final five is adorable.
06) American Horror Story season 6 will be starting up soon, and I’m not sure if we’ll be tuning in. To be honest we didn’t watch any of ‘Hotel’. Maybe the thrill has worn off? I might just wait and see what people think of it when it airs.
07) Speaking of TV shows – Scream is over for another season! I hope you’re all watching this, it’s become one of our favourite shows to watch each week. I’m so sad it’s over but it’s available Netflix for any of you who are interested.
08) I hit the jackpot at the book exchange today, and walked away with two bags of Sweet Valley University books. There goes my self-imposed book buying ban.
09) The comments section of this Reddit thread are actually VERY readable.
10) This is my favourite song at the moment.
It’s empties time again! I actually finished up quite a few more products than what is included in the post, because I threw them out and now I can’t remember what they were. Great work, Jessica. Here’s what I finished up over the last few weeks –
L’Oreal Everstrong Reconstruct Conditioner – I always finish up my conditioner before the matching shampoo and it’s a real pain in the butt. I really loved this product (review here), and have already repurchased both this and the matching shampoo.
Lancome Hypnose Mascara – This is my favourite mascara, my holy grail, the only mascara I ever use or purchase. I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times by now. If you haven’t already tried this mascara PLEASE DO SO ASAP. It is a game changer.
Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory – I purchased a new foundation while we were in Melbourne (shock horror, I know), but of course I remain faithful to my all time favourite. I’d absolutely recomend people try this but it can be quite difficult to come by. However, if you stumble across it somehow (probably in a Sephora somewhere), go ahead and give it a try!
Paula’s Choice Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum – I was so upset to finish this, because it’s a staple in my daily skin care routine. To top things off, I purchased a replacement from Paula’s Choice but didn’t select the ‘light’ version, and the regular serum doesn’t work for me at all. I’m tempted to repurchase the correct one, but I think I’ll stick with my hydrating oils for a little while and see how I go.
Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray – Another holy grail item! Why is it all the products I have to / want to repurchase finish up at the same time? It’s so expensive! Anyhoo, this is another thing you’ve probably heard me waffle on about numerous times. I use it every day to set or refresh my makeup, and I can’t live without it.
I have developed a bad habit of getting sick of my personal planner about 5-6 months into using it, and then buying something new. I’m coming up to my 6th month of using my new Plum Paper Planner, so of course I went ahead and purchased myself something new. I’ve been really drawn to Erin Condren’s new cover designs, so that plus the fact that the planner now comes in a neutral colour scheme was enough to draw me in and convince me to take the plunge.
Here’s what I picked up:
I ordered the ‘Blossom’ Life Planner with black spiral, in the neutral horizontal layout. I also picked up a large classic lined ‘Watercolour Floral’ notebook with a rose gold spiral. I’m planning to use the planner as my general planner to track events and things I have to do, and the notebook is going to be my day-to-day list holder. I track a lot of things in my current planner (what TV show’s we’re watching, life to-do lists, house project lists, shopping lists, etc), and I’m trying to streamline the process in two different areas. I’ve shifted my daily to-do list writing to an app (shock horror!) and have been loving Wunderlist for this. By the way, if you’d like $10 off your own Erin Condren goodies, please feel free to use my referral code.