02: Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens – These are my favourite blotting papers at the moment, but I’ve got two spare packets in my cupboard waiting to be opened so I’m still going to include these ones in the tally.
03: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Creme – Again a holy grail product, and again one that I have a backup for. I’ve switched to the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 for daytime use, but I’m still using the Ultra Facial Creme at night layered over the Weleda Soothing Almond Facial Lotion and oh lord is that a gentle juicy moisturizing treat for the skin.
04: AlchemicMuse Chiquita Soap – Scented soap bars seem like such a good idea at the time, but I just don’t love them. I never have and I doubt I ever will so I think it’s time I stop buying them. This was nice, it smelled like bananas which was something different for me.
05: Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Foaming Hand Soap – What can I say about hand soap? I tend to go through one of these a month, so I stock up during the sales throughout the year and usually have a few on hand (ha) at any given time. I currently have 4 spring/summer scented soaps sitting in my cupboard waiting to go so I’ll include this one in tally just because I can.
07: The Face Shop Real Nature Rice Mask – This was quite a soothing sheet mask and I really liked the way it made my skin feel. I don’t know that I would actively source this particular mask out again in the future, but I did enjoy using it.
08: Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick – I loathe the smell of licorice so this was a real burden to apply to my face at night as the smell really lingered. As much as I love this product for what it does, I don’t think I’ll repurchase it because of my issues with the scent.
09: The Face Shop Herb Day Cotton Face Wipes – God this packet of wipes lasted a LIFETIME. I don’t like using scented wipes in general because I feel like they aggravate my skin, and these ones in particular seemed to break me out quite a bit. I think I used about half of this packet for removing swatches from my hands/arms because I was too afraid to use them on my face.
10: OP Therapy Summer Glow Pineapple & Papaya Sea Salt Scrub – I hated this product. I thought it would smell nice and fruity because of the product name but it had a really odd, stale scent to it. I didn’t find it easy to use in the shower because the oil in the product seemed to cling to my skin and was impossible to rinse off. I definitely won’t be buying this again.
12: MOR Marshmallow Body Butter – I used to love this MOR scent range but now it’s too overpoweringly sweet for my taste so I’m trying to use up all of the marshmallow products that I still have sitting around. I have a travel size version of the body butter and a perfume oil to work through but I think I’ll leave those for autumn/winter next year because sweet scents like this seem better suited for cold weather IMO.
13: MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink – This is hands down one of the best lip products I’ve ever tried and I was in two minds about whether or not I should include it in my project pan or just go ahead and repurchase it. In the end I decided to include it in the pan because I have a few other tinted lip balms that I really need to use up before I buy anything new.
14: Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream – This was a deluxe sample sized jar but because eye cream takes me months to work through I decided to include it as a full sized product. I really liked this but I have two other eye creams that I need to use up before I even think about buying anything else.
15: Bath + Body Works Coconut Water Candle – I ordered a few of the mini candles from the Bath + Body Works summer range earlier this year and this was the first one that I burned through. It was nice, it smelt a little bit like Firebird Bath & Body’s Sugar perfume oil which was weird. I would consider getting a full sized version of this if they released this scent again next year.
17 & 18: Carol’s Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying Shampoo & Conditioner – I love this duo and will definitely be repurchasing these once I work through the zillion other hair products I have waiting in my cupboard. The shampoo did a great job of stripping excess product from my hair and the conditioner was really moisturising and left my hair feeling silky. The only problem with these is that I don’t think the Carol’s Daughter brand is available for purchase in Australia (I ordered mine from Strawberrynet).
19: Bath + Body Works Icecream Shop Candle – This is another of the mini summer candles that I ordered from Bath + Body Works a little while ago. It was nice but nothing special and I won’t bother repurchasing it if it’s released again next year.
20: MOR Milk Body Butter – I am so sad to see this product go, because the Milk range is my all-time favourite from MOR but it was discontinued a little while ago. I still have two of the Milk bath foam bottles to make my way through, which I should probably try to do ASAP as my new house does not have a bath in it. Hmm.
21: Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo & Conditioner – I really liked this duo, the shampoo smelled delicious and both products left my hair feeling clean and soft after use. I would consider purchasing the full sized versions of these in the future.
21: Benefit The PoreFessional – This is the second or third sample of this that I’ve used up and I really like this product. I have too many primers in my collection to even consider buying another, but this is on my wishlist for the distant future.
21: Priori Coffee Berry Eye Serum – I’m pretty sure this product made my eyelashes fall out, and for that reason alone I wouldn’t recommend it. It smelled nice though, like coffee.
21: Alchemic Muse Mango Tea Soap – This was nice, but nothing special. It had a refreshing fruity scent to it, but I’m trying to stop buying scented soap bars (except for my LUSH favourites) because I never really use them.
21: Serge Lutens Jeux De Peau – I ordered a sample of this perfume because the scent was based on the smell of hot buttered toast. It’s a very strong fragrance and was sadly just a bit too overwhelming for my taste.
21: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment – This was a lot thicker than any eye cream I’ve used before and although it was great to use at night, it took a long time to sink into my skin which made it difficult to work with in the mornings.
21: Kerastase Elixr Ultime – The never-ending sample, woooah-ohh, woooah-ohh, woaah-ohh. This was nice, but I wouldn’t bother purchasing a full size. It didn’t blow me away like the Kerastase Nectar Thermique.
21: Pure Fiji Coconut Milk Shower Gel – Yum. Yum yum yum. This smelled delicious, slightly fruity and not as coconutty as I’d imagined but still amazing.
21: Firebird Peppermint Lemonade Soap – This was nice but nothing special. I wasn’t a huge fan of the scent.
24: Haus Of Gloi Honey Tree Pumpkin Butter – I like the Haus of Gloi pumpkin butters but the smell becomes really overpowering about halfway through the jar and it’s a real struggle for me to finish them. This one smelled lovely though, like honey but with a hint of incense. It gave me flashbacks to my teen years when I was obsessed with Romeo & Juliet (read: Leonardo DiCaprio) and used to burn candles and incense in my room after being inspired by the film.
25: Mai Couture Vitamin C Blotting Paper – I liked these blotting sheets, they were gentle on my skin and did a good job of removing oil build up without affecting my makeup. I have a couple of spare Boscia packets in my cupboard and once I’ve finished those up I would consider repurchasing these.
26: Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Pears Anti-Bac Foaming Hand Soap – Hand soap is hand soap, but the fresh picked pears scent is one of my favourites. I will definitely be repurchasing this product in this scent at some point in the future.
repurchased: Boscia Blotting Linens – These are my all time favourite blotting papers. I’ve tried the tea tree, peppermint, lavender and the normal kind and I love them all. A must have for any shiny faced gals like myself.
repurchased: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – This is my favourite concealer and I never remember which shade I am when I’m in store, so I tend to alternate between buying Fair and Light. Both work on my skin, it’s just that one shade is more yellow based than the other.
repurchased: Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory – Holy Grail Foundation. Please don’t discontinue this, Givenchy. I love it.
repurchased: Skindanavia No More Shine Makeup Finish Spray – I use this every day to set my makeup. What I like most about it is that it takes the ‘powder’ makeup look away and leaves my face looking fresh.
repurchased: Echolife Lavender/Rose Facial Mist – I rotate between the lavender and rose mist depending on the season and what I feel like my skin needs. I finished up the lavender mist at the end of winter and have been using the rose version ever since.
28: Korres Milk Protein Cleansing Face Wipes – I didn’t like these wipes at all. They seemed to irritate my skin quite a bit, and my face stayed red for about hour each time I used one. I’ll be sticking to my Nivea fragrance free wipes from now on.
29: Face of Australia Loose Powder in Outback Translucent – This is my favourite inexpensive loose powder, but I had to emergency-buy a Maybelline powder one day on my way to work so I’ll be trying to finish that up before repurchasing this one. I think this is the second full size Face of Australia loose powder that I’ve used up, which feels like a bit of an achievement.
30: Bali Soap in Passion Fruit – I don’t know why I thought it was a good idea to buy soap while in Bali but I did. I bought 4 or 5 of these bars in different scents and I’m forcing myself to use them up. Nothing special.
31: L’Oreal Preference Conditioner – Another token freebie-with-hair dye conditioner.
33) Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara – This deluxe sample was a gift with purchase from a Sephora order that I placed last year. Again it was nothing special, and although I like the shape of the brush I’m not sure if it would translate to a full sized version. For now I’m staying faithful to my holy grail – Lancome Hypnose.
34) Seven Wonders Moroccan Treatment Conditioner – LOL look how gross that looks. For some reason I went through this conditioner way faster than the shampoo. In fact the shampoo seems to be getting fuller and fuller every time I use it. Magic. Anyhoo, I found that if I used this and the shampoo too often during the week my hair developed quite a bit of build up. At this stage I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this.
35) Bath + Body Works Hand Soap in Fresh Market Apple – Another month down, another hand soap finished. I’m still undecided as to whether I will keep purchasing these or try to source something a bit cheaper.
36) AB Cosmetics Pressed Powder in Light Beige – I was really enjoying this powder until I dropped the compact and smashed it in the bathtub about two weeks after I starting using it. *cue blood curdling scream*
repurchased: Beauty Blender – I try and replace my beauty blender once every season because I use it every day and by the end of three months it looks pretty grotty (despite washing it every day).
repurchased: Boscia Lavender Blotting Linens – As I’ve mentioned before, these are my holy grail blotting papers. I’ve noticed that the lavender ones didn’t seem to soothe my skin as well as the green tea ones do, so I’ll be sticking to the green tea version in the future.
repurchased: Lancome Hypnose Mascara – My holy grail mascara. I tend to go through one of these around once every three months, which works out well because I’m pretty sure that is the recommended shelf life for an opened mascara.
repurchased: Echolife Rose Facial Mist – I’ve already moved on to my replacement bottle of lavender mist, just in time for the cooler weather.
repurchased: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – This is my holy grail concealer. I tend to go through a tube once every couple of months, unless the tube I’m using breaks; which they are prone to do.
repurchased: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser – I’ve been using this every night to remove my makeup before cleansing with my proper facial cleanser.
38) evo Mane Prescription Protein Treatment – I used up a tube of this treatment some time last year, and was lucky enough to be sent another one by a rep for evo. I love this stuff and I highly recommend it if you’re in the market for a good treatment.
39) Lucas’ Paw Paw Ointment – I picked this up on a whim a long time ago in one of those bins of products near the checkout line at Target. I know this is something of a cult product but it wasn’t that great and I won’t be buying it again.
40) True Blue Spa Hand Lotion – This was a nice hand cream, and the tube was the perfect size to keep on my desk at work. It had a refreshing lemon scent and I would probably consider repurchasing it if I ever place an order through Bath + Body Works again.
41) Bali Soap in Lemongrass – This was another of the random soaps I picked up on my trip to Bali last year. Like the others, it was nothing special and I’m now working through the others that I own in an attempt to finish them all up.
Boscia Blotting Linens – As an oily-faced girl, these are an absolute necessity for me. Again, I remind myself that oily faced people tend to look younger for longer, because all too often it feels like a god damn BURDEN.
Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation in Perfect Ivory – This is my all-time favourite foundation, and despite having about 6 other foundations sitting unloved in my makeup collection I keep reaching for this one time and time again.
Skindanavia No More Shine Makeup Finishing Spray – I’ve mentioned before that I don’t know how great this is at keeping ‘shine’ at bay, but it certainly does a great job at setting my makeup and making sure it doesn’t look too dusty. Great for freshening up your face in the mornings.
Firebird Perfume Oil in Almond Milk – This is one of my top five favourite perfumes, and it’s rumoured that the scent has been discontinued, so I panic-purchased 3 new bottles just before this one ran out.
42) Alchemic Muse Waikiki Soap – This was a nice soap, it had a fresh fruity sort of smell to it. I don’t buy specialty scented soaps like this anymore, but if I did I would consider purchasing a full sized version of this.
42) Olivina Olive Hand & Body Lotion – This lotion had a nice formula but the scent was way too ‘green’ for my personal taste.
42) Jo Malone Orange Blossom Perfume – What I wouldn’t give to have floral perfumes work for me. There are so many beautiful scents out there – including this one – that I love but can’t seem to wear without them turning rancid when combined with my skin chemistry.
42) Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Perfume – I really liked this perfume, it reminded me a lot of Chanel’s Chance. The only down side is that it didn’t have great wear time on my skin and for that reason I would never consider buying a full version of it.
42) Pure Fiji Hydrating Body Lotion with Coconut – I loved this. Love love love love loved this. This is one of the best smelling body lotions I’ve come across, and paired with it’s lightweight formula it made for an excellent summer moisturiser. I’ll definitely be purchasing a full sized version of this when the warm weather rolls around again.
42) Weleda Almond Facial Cleanser – I really like this product range from Weleda, and have now used up all of my little almond samples. Sad. The cleanser was probably my least favourite of the bunch, but it was still a nice enough product to use.
42) L’Oreal Sublime Mousse Conditioner – As always, this is the conditioner sample that comes with the hair colour I use. I like it, and I would probably consider buying the full sized version of it if I ever stumbled across it.
42) Trilogy Age Proof Nutrient Plus Firming Serum – I have absolutely no recollection of using this sample, unfortunately. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I’m leaning towards bad if it was that forgettable.
42) Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque – I love taking these little samples with me when I stay away from home or go on holiday. This is one of my favourite face masques, and I’m actually a bit surprised that I don’t own a full version of it. Or maybe I do? Oh boy.
44) Bath + Body Works Fresh Picked Strawberries Anti-Bac Foaming Hand Soap – Delicious. As always, I won’t be purchasing any more of these hand soaps because I can’t justify the cost. I was sad to see this go, I like having hands that smell like summer fruits.
45) Bath + Body Works Mint Chocolate Candle – Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. This smelled INCREDIBLE. I don’t plan on buying anymore candles from Bath + Body Works due to the cost of shipping (see above) but I did really love this scent and I’m sad to see this go. You might not be able to tell from the photo but I scraped all of the scrumptious minty chocolate wax dregs out of the jar to use in my oil burner. Sad, I know. At least I didn’t try to eat them
or did I.
46) Bath + Body Works Seashore Candle – What does the seashore smell like? Third degree burns and a substantial fear of death by shark attack? Ha ha ha, I am not joking. But no, according to Bath + Body Works it smells like sharp florals. I didn’t like this, lucky it was tiny. As a general FYI, these tiny little Bath + Body Works Candles pack quite a punch and the scent throw is impressive.
47) Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturiser – I loved this moisturiser, but I’ve decided to stick to my Paula’s Choice skin care for a while so I won’t be repurchasing this. It was a treat to use though, and I powered through it quite quickly. I am sad to announce that I do not look like Lauren Conrad after using this product consistently for a couple of months.
49) Bath + Body Works Apple Crumble Candle – This candle smelled delicious. Like, I could eat this candle. It’s pretty rare for me to not like a Bath + Body Works candle, especially if it’s a gourmand scent and this was no exception.
50) O&M Detox Shampoo – I bought the travel sized version of this product to see whether I liked it enough to purchase the full size. Sadly as much as I love O&M as a brand, I didn’t enjoy using this clarifying shampoo as much as others I’ve tried so I won’t be purchasing the larger bottle.
51) Bath + Body Works Winter Candy Apple Anti-Bacterial Foaming Hand Soap – Yum.
52) MOR Milk Bath Gel – Guys, I am obsessed with this scent range and MOR have discontinued it. The nerve. I IMPLORE YOU TO BRING IT BACK, MOR. BRING IT BACK.
53) Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Oil Absorbing Mask – This was a nice enough mask, it was slightly ‘tight’ on application, but it didn’t leave my skin red or irritated once I’d rinsed it off. My face is still oily.
53) Paula’s Choice Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser x 3 – I take sample sized versions of my favourite skin care with me when I travel, and I used these up on my trip down south earlier this year. I love this cleanser, it’s my new
magna carta holy grail.
53) L’Oreal Sublime Mousse Conditioner x 2 – I go through quite a few of these conditioners because they come with the hair dye that I use. They’re nice, nothing special. The packaging is pretty dumb though, it’s impossible to squeeze everything out of the tube and I often find myself in the shower angrily battling with these stupid little containers.
53) Olivina Lavender Hand & Body Lotion – I’m not a huge fan of lavender scented products but this wasn’t too bad, just not something I would consider purchasing a full sized version of.
53) Kiehl’s Crème de Corps – I really like this, it’s a great scent free lotion and if I had any need whatsoever to buy a new body lotion I would definitely consider picking this up.
53) Paula’s Choice Hydralight Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner – I used this sample alongside the Paula’s Choice Cleanser samples when I went on my trip earlier this year. I love this product, and I own a full size version of it already.
55) LUSH Porridge Soap – I really loved this when I first started using it, but I grew to hate it. Which is kind of a shame, because I went out and bought a second bar before I had a chance to finish the first one up. Oops. I love the smell and the texture but I don’t like the gritty oat bits that come off in big chunks and creep around the bottom of my shower looking gross. Also, it makes my skin taste weird.
56 & 57) O&M Hydrate and Conquer Shampoo & Conditioner – Do you want your hair to smell like a vanilla caramel sundae? Here you go. You’re welcome. This is a great shampoo/conditioner duo and I really enjoyed using it. I’d consider purchasing these both again once I use up the back log of shampoo and conditioner I have sitting in my bathroom cupboard.
58) Essenzza Carrot Seed & Coconut Oil Face Mask – I’m still not over the general novelty of sheet masks, mostly I love them because they allow me to frighten the hell out of my dog without putting in too much effort. This sheet mask was SUPER wet and although it left my skin feeling glowy and fresh, I did have to wash the excess product off of my face after mask application because I couldn’t stand the feel of it (even after attempting to massage it in). I have a few other masks from this range and I can’t wait to try them out. I’ll be posting a full review soon.
Well done on finishing up so much stuff! I hated the Maybelline concealer at first, but found it works so much better for me without the sponge applicator.
Thanks Becky! The Maybelline concealer is a firm favourite of mine now, but it did take some getting used to!
All I can say is OMG how long did it take you to finish all of this.
A few months or so 😀